Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 8 months ago

Should fiancée’s ex be invited to wedding?

My fiancée got drunk at our engagement party and accidentally cheated on me with her ex. They were drunk. I can’t blame them. But I do think her ex should probably not come to the wedding though. She doesn’t agree and is adamant he should be invited.

Are you crazy? If this is a sign that you shouldn't get married then I don't know what is.

again, it is weird that anyone is inviting their ex's to their weddings... very weird...

TBH this seems like a lack of proper contrition on her part. You've gone above and beyond in forgiving her. Remember the expression "give them an inch and they'll take a mile". I'm a woman with some feminist leanings and even I can see this as the beginnings of a wife who's going to push and push until you're cowering in the corner. Don't be so desperate to marry her that you let her turn you into her emotional punching bag.

People don’t “accidentally” cheat. She didn’t “accidentally” trip over something while nude and “accidentally” land right on his wiener. 

• Ocimom

Sounds like you'll have a very long marriage with her........lmbo  No one "accidentally"  cheats on someone.  If you don't blame them and postpone the wedding now, then don't come crying when she ends up "accidentally" cheats on you in the future with her ex.

No way!  He should not be invited to the wedding and it sounds like something is going on between them it was more than a one time thing they're an item I think...she wants to invite her man to the wedding.  Get a grasp on it now.

"I can’t blame them"

....said no one ever.

I can't imagine why she'd want him there, or why she'd think it was appropriate that he was invited.

• ?

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiees.

There's no fiancee.

No way, if she's adamant, why doesn't she marry him. Are you sure you want to go ahead with the marriage considering she cheated with him. Sounds suss to me.