Have you ever eaten a whole pack of gum and did your jaw hurt?

Yummmy I just ate a whole pack of Hubba Bubba grape flavor and it tastes sooo good.

I am just wondering if other people do this too? I have nothing sweet to eat in the house but then remembered I had gum. Yay.

So after a while, my jaw hurts. Does it happen to you?

My temples hurt too.  Does that happen to you?

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

Not a whole pack, but I did chew on a mouthful of gumballs when i was a kid.  I must have had a dozen of them all at once.  And yes, all that chewing results in a sore jaw and tired chewing muscles.  When you chew, you can feel the muscles on the side of your head tense up with every bite, and those muscles run all the way up through the temples, hence you feeling soreness in your temples after all that chewing.

You just reminded me of something funny. When I was in high school I remember a lot of girls would chew a lot of gum to get their mouths and jaws strong for, you know. They were dead serious too.  Seems funny now...

• I want to know

That's just gross and it's totally made up in your head.  Disgusting!

• rena

I do it lots, usually because the flavour wears off so quickly and chewing for long amounts of time can get boring.

• Mandy

I don’t eat gum.  I love bubblegum, so I do chew it.