Popsicle asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Is 1 to 2 cups of soymilk a day bad for me as a woman ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Unless you have allergies to soybean, I see no problem, except perhaps bloat which happens to some people. Otherwise, it's an excellent source of protein and a good substitute for dairy milk.

• 2 weeks ago

You'd be better off drinking real milk, but if soymilk is what you want, there's no harm in it. 

• 3 weeks ago

no.....this one perfect

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Yep. Soy is fine in small amounts or occasionally but ideally should not be consumed daily. If you want a dairy alternative why not drink almond, coconut or oat milk?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Soymilk is popular but it can contribute to thyroid problems. It contains isoflavones. These compounds have oestrogenic properties, which means they act like oestrogen, the primary female sex hormone, and bind to oestrogen receptors in the body – and oestrogen can fuel the growth of some types of breast cancer.

And soymilk is made from soy beans. Generally, i don't think soy bean products of any type are the best food to ingest.

• 3 weeks ago

Of course it's bad for you! And it tastes bad too! Why can't you drink REAL milk???

• 3 weeks ago

It is because i bet that is cow milk and you are not a baby cow

• 3 weeks ago

Everything is bad for you since you're a woman.

• 3 weeks ago

i dont see anything wrong with it as long as youre not allergic to it

• Mark
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

In a protein shake is a good idea. Use a decent brand, not one filled with oils, sugar overload and bulkers, etc. Despite the myth, soy is not estrogen; it's PHYTO-estrogen which means, plant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.