It's cold in the deep south, even Florida is chilly right now. However, it's not as cold as New York and New Jersey. Will Dixie's warmer?

weather be its downfall someday? Will Yankees eventually turn this region into New New England and New New York?

There's two ways that I think the South's warmer weather will "ruin" it.  One is what you seem to be suggesting.  With warm weather, people move down there to enjoy it and not all of them share the ideas and mores of the traditional white Southern majority.  Perhaps the best example of this is Virginia. That state, which recently flipped to full Democratic control after 20 years or more, has seen an influx of outsiders in recent years.  This has diluted the power of traditionally conservative white Virginians.  Other states such as North Carolina and Georgia are seeing the same thing, they're just farther behind on the curve. 

But the other way that the warmer weather is going to "ruin" the South is with global warming.  Prior to the mid 20th century, people largely didn't move to the South.  The kind of influx you're talking about just didn't happen.  Instead people left the South.  One of the reasons was the weather.  Back when the only air conditioning was breezes and fans, the hot Southern summers were oppressive and not something that people wanted to enjoy.  Global warming is going to, IMO, bring back some of that.  Of course, we've got air conditioning now and it's probably going to get more efficient and effective in the future.  But the warming summers will make Southern life more unpleasant.  Will people want to live in, say, Florida, if they can't go outside at all during the Summer because of the heat?  Furthermore, the tourism industry which sustains that state will falter as the weather moves out of the narrow band of temperature which is nice and warm but not too oppressive.  What I think you will see in the future is more people deciding that it's better to deal with the Northern winters (which will be getting milder) than suffer through the scorching Southern summers.

Climate change will alter weather patterns, but we are just not sure what that means for specific locations. Warmer areas may get warmer and colder areas may moderate, but the impact in the US will be less noticeable than in the developing world. Still, if parts of Florida and Louisiana are increasingly underwater, people will have to move farther inland. In the country's interior, we may see more violent storms and swings in weather patterns. I heard one person say that Texas and much of the Southwest will begin to resemble an Australian song "I am Australian": 'I'm the hot wind from the desert , I'm the black soil of the plain, I'm the mountains and the valleys, I'm the drought and flooding rains, I am the rock, I am the sky, The rivers when they run, 

The spirit of this great land, I am Australian...' Only it will resemble parts of the Southwestern US. It doesn't necessarily mean people will leave these areas (humans often find ways to adapt with technology), but it will eventually cost us more regardless of where we live. 

I hope not. I'd hate to have to move to Buffalo and tell them they're doing everything wrong because that's not how we do it in Atlanta.