What is Christmas about?

Favorite Answer

Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus, the Son of God - the only human in history to ever walk on earth with an actual piece of God in him, therefore performing miracles and hope and faith like never before or since.

Jesus was born on the 25th of December, hence why Christmas is celebrated on this day.

• jaymark8 months agoReport

Jesus was born sometime in October and not in the middle of winter. The Catholic Church under emperor Constantine adopted the feast of Saturnalia as Christ's birthday to appease pagans. Jesus did not authorise the celebration of his birth but only his death. For more info see Jw.org.

Christmas is abut greed, family fights , suicides and murders and such.

Everyone knows christmas is about drinking till you drop! Maybe even get a girl or two home for the night.

• e9601:

So many answers, so many wrong. Christmas is about the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

• e9601:

@Dick - Jesus is the Savior. He came to earth to be born as a baby, grew up to be a man, and died on the cross for our sins. Your sins Dick.

The birth of the christians savior.

That completely depends on what you yourself believe. If you're religious it's about celebrating the birth of Jesus. If you aren't it can be about sharing the spirit of giving, or getting if you're selfish. For me it's about spending time with family and friends and being thankful to have them in my life.

• jaymark8 months agoReport

I have the freedom to give and spend time with family and friends any of 365 days a years and for as many days as I like. I don't need a pagan festival with a Christian label to do that 

It's about murdering every first born son in Jerusalem 

• Dick8 months agoReport

haha that reminds me of the good old days when me and the boys would go out and beat up some of the children who dared be outside on christmas. There was this one guy whose clothes were totally ripped! Hah what a weirdo

It's about boosting the economy and adding undue stress to your life. 

Based on the way it is currently celebrated, it is about commercialism.

Based on the ancient pagan Roman celebration known as “Saturnalia”, from what I understand. Many scholars don’t believe Christ’s birth even took place during the month of December