is entrepreneurship profitable?

• Jay

It is for me.

See if you can find the book ' How to Create Fund And Start Your Own Business.

See if you can get a used copy for cheap or free.

Depends on how good you are.

• martin

If you are going to start a new business, the chances are against it succeeding, so it's a big gamble.

• Judy

All entrepreneurship means is running your own business. Can be very profitable, marginal, or you can go broke.

That depends on the individual and his endeavor. Some people can do very well. However, it generally takes time and a lot of hard work. I stopped working for others at age 39 as I didn't care for running businesses for other people and remaining underpaid. I'm 78 now and have had no complaints. Again, it's not for everyone as it'll be a struggle at first.

For some it can be. Many fail.

Took me about a year to make what I could have made working for someone else.

And I needed money to start.

A friend of mine invested more, borrowed from family & friends, got an SBA loan for more and worked for 2 years earning about 25% what he would have for someone else and then he just walked away from it. 7 years of bad credit but after that he got paid for working.

I was not sure I could make it or not but I wanted to try while I was young and still living at home.

Many cannot even try because they cannot afford to go without a paycheck.