Is it possible to retrieve SMS after sim-swap?

Hi everybody!

I just want to do sim-swap, my question is, is there a way of doing so without losing my SMS? 

Or let me put this way. Is it possible to retrieve SMS after sim-swap?

Thanking you in advance.

• Zheia

It is usually possible because SMS messages are stored on the phone's memory, unless you set SMS storage to SIM, which will give a limited storage.

Unless your phone is old enough to buy booze, SMS messages are stored in the phone, not the SIM.

Both Android and iOS should be able to back up messages to their cloud backups.

In the case of iPhones though, I've never lost any SMS swapping SIMs. I went from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile and didn't lose anything since it's all on the phone's internal storage, not the SIM.

Do you have android or Apple? Never mind, if you have a phone through a company like sprint, att, verizon etc go to their store and ask them. I got mine, I was using a new phone and SIM card but I don’t see why they couldn’t

• WB

Transfer your SMS to the SIM card before swapping.