Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Other - Destinations · 3 weeks ago

Can I book a hotel room with 2 single beds?

So basically I booked a hotel room with 2 single beds, and my friend can't go.

It just leaves me in the hotel room with an extra bed. it's already paid for.

Am I still good to go or should I be worried?

• 7 days ago

Of course you can still go, but think about whether you still WANT to go. If you are alone, it may not be as much fun.

There's no law anywhere that you can sleep in room with an extra empty bed in it. If you wanted a more comfortable stay you could even push the singles together to make one bigger bed.

There's no issue here.

If you want to be more comfortable you could see if the hotel could swap the twin room you've booked for a double room (these are generally the same cost)

In the US I don’t know of any hotel that has single beds.  They usually offer two queen sized beds or one king sized bed. And surprisingly a king bed room can cost more.  At some hotels it is the same cost.  Call the front desk and inquire.  

• Zirp

Of course you can

but if the hotel is full, they may want to move you to a (cheaper for you) single-bed room to make room for other guests. They can only do that if you tell them you'll be on your own

You paid for the room.  The maid will be pleased.  I stayed at a hotel for 3 nights and didn't even sleep in the bed. Basically just used the room to store my luggage and shower

Just mess the other bed up so it looks like it was slept in

You're fine. The room is paid for either way.

That's not a problem. Just one bed will be used.

The hotel does not care if the other bed is unused.