Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 weeks ago

Is it wrong to ask evidentiary questions?

I'm talking specifically about cases of alleged wrongdoing that have been overly sensationalized by the mainstream media (Duke lacrosse, Brett Kavanaugh, Jussie Smollett, Covington High School, etc.).

In each of these cases, there was either no hard evidence to support the allegations made against the accused, or which ever evidence we saw, we were only given part of the picture.

I'm a relatively apolitical person. But, why is it that whenever anyone asks the tough questions (Who, What, Where, Why, etc.), many on the far left become upset. Isn't everyone entitled to the presumption of innocence?

Anonymous, By “hard evidence”, I meant physical evidence.

Best Answer

Evidentiary questions are actually the ONLY type it is proper to ask.

The only way to know why anyone feels a certain way is to ask someone.

I do not believe that Brett Kavanaugh and Jussie Smollett are in the same "no hard evidence" category.

Did you listen to the Kavanaugh hearings?  LEGALLY a witness does provide "hard evidence."  

• STEVEN F
      3 weeks agoReport

YOU didn't listen to the Kavanaugh hearings and alleged witnesses ARE NOT 'hard evidence'.

Democrats no longer believe in the presumption of innocence. Their cries of "believe women" for example, illustrate their belief that there is no presumption of innocence where a woman claims to have been sexually assaulted.