I had several hernia repairs bet 2009-2011 can I still sue?

I have a mesh that keeps giving me infections and a lot of complications, too many surgeries, they keep putting drainers 2 at the time, and I have them for 8.5 months now, I still have abscess + another hiatal hernia, infection doesn't go away.  I can't take antibiotics my stomach is too upset from so many pills.  I can't find a dr. to operate me and I need to sue, and I don't know any lawyer to help me. I had more then 30 surgeries total and I keep going to the ER in diff. hospitals but they send me back home, no one wants to get rid of my hernia or remove it, I don't know where to go anymore, I was in the NORTH SHORE HOSP. BELLEVUE, QUEENS HOSPITAL AND NYU. PLEASE HELP me get surgery and a lawyer will be helpful also. thanks

• Layne

Ouch.  That is brutal.  Just wow!

I'm guessing there are other issues at play, here. Can't take antibiotics? Multiple ERs sending you away? Is there any case manager or social worker involved? You sound non-compliant and unhealthy, in general.

• martin

In NYC, you should find good malpractice lawyers. The issue in malpractice is whether your doctors performed negligently according to the other doctors in the community. If they would have done about the same or no better, that's when you won't have a case against your doctors.

This is indeed a serious problem. I think you need to find a very good hospital with medical workers that are very erudite and have a way to cure your condition. Now suing is something that you should consider. The case has to be considerable.

Just keep looking.

• Eva

Just google "hernia mesh complaints" and I bet a lot of law firms will come up.