Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 4 weeks ago

Starbucks ex employee getting re-hired help!!!?

Ok so I use to work in a different town at a Starbucks. I worked there for approximately 3 months before I quit. That was Jan-March. I re-applied to Starbucks but this time at the store in my town. I have an interview set for this Friday but I have a pretty big problem. On my current application I stated that I have worked for Starbucks in the past. So I’m pretty sure they’re gonna ask me why I quit and more than likely contact my old manger being said that the store I use to work at is only 10 min away from the one in my town. My manager and I had an okay relationship she was pretty chill and easy to get along with and we never had any problems. I was a pretty fast learner when it came down to making drinks so she did praise me for that. The reason as to why I quit was because the females at my job were always into it with the drama. (I’m a female as well) at first they were nice but then they began to exclude me side eye me make remarks and the longer I worked there the worse it got. They would give me crap for any little thing and blame me for stuff that wasn’t my fault to begin with. The day I was contemplating on quitting was pretty busy. One of my shift managers at the time was a real ***** and would get in your face about everything. Whether you forgot to do something or got an order wrong or didn’t know how to do something in particular she would get in your face ask you why and not let you explain. During our rushes she would get pretty aggressive and lash out —->

While I was on drive thru I was also helping clean so I was washing the blenders while she was making fraps after she would finish up with blender she would throw the lids at me to wash them (not toss literally THROW) and she almost hit me with one. Getting physical with someone at work because you can’t handle the pressure is outa line. My manger would tell me that the reviews on yelp for their store were lies especially about this specific shift manger but now I know they weren’t “lies” ——>

that same day I quit and no I didn’t leave a 2 weeks notice which I’m pretty sure is gonna jeopardize my chances of getting hired again. I knew for a fact they weren’t gonna believe me and think I was just being “dramatic” but I had to put up with this **** for 3 months straight working 5 days a week and going to school. I’m not a “drama queen” I go to work get my money and leave all while respecting my co workers. And did I mention that whenever I couldn’t cover a shift or trade shifts —->

with a female co worker the would treat me even more like **** the following day? My old location was already busy enough and having to put up with unnecessary drama everyday was super draining. So I just need help on what to say I know I cant give them the true story cause it’s too much. When I resigned on my letter I just put that I had personal problems/family problems something a long those lines. If you’ve gone thru this what did you say? I know my chances of getting hired at Starbucks —->

are pretty low but I’m desperate for a job and willing to give anything a shot. 

I didn't read all your updates.

It's good that you included that you worked previously.  Starbucks uses SAP for HR management.  All the employees are kept in the system.  If you didn't tell them, got hired, and they went to create your record they would know you lied and would not process your hire info.

i just wouldnt say anything

• martin

Talk about that aggressive manager who would lash out at people and get in their face. That makes sense as to why anyone would quit. Never mind the talk about coworkers not liking you. That's imaginary and would paint you as someone who doesn't get along with the other workers.