J H

Are you aware that street preachers are mostly preaching a very hateful message ?

I have been a believer in Yehoshua for many years and I have witnessed the bad behavior of many Christians.

Many display their hatred towards homosexuals.

Many preach eternal hell fire ,that people will burn in hell for ever.

I even witnessed an anti abortion group hitting non believers with their signs.

There is much more.!

What is this all about?

Favorite Answer

Even true believers do things that aren't right.  Everyone does.  I won't defend the behavior of people I don't know, let alone know for sure are believers, but let's say they are.  If they were hitting people with signs for a reason other than self-defense, they were wrong.

As far as homosexuals, if they were being personally hateful, that also is wrong.  Homosexuality is clearly and repeatedly condemned in the Bible.  But it is an act--not a person.  We are to love everyone even if they sin differently than we do.  We can love the person and call out their sin at the same time, and should--lovingly.  That's the mandate.

Ezekiel 3:4-9, verses 4, Then he said sin of man, go to the people of your town and give them my messages. 5, I am not sending you to a foreign people whose language you cannot understand! No, I am  not sending you to people with strange and difficult speech. If I did, they would listen! 7, but the people of this town won’t listen to you any more than they listen to me! For the whole lot of them are hard-headed and stubborn. 8, But look, I have made you as obstinate and hard-headed as they are. I have made your forehead as hard as the hardest rock! So don’t be afraid of them or fear their anger my looks, even though they are rebels.

We should not hate anyone.

Warning people about facing an eternity in hell is not wrong.

Assaulting people is wrong.

It's about the fact that Christians are still sinners.

• Doug

While I can't speak for all Christians, I can speak for myself. The truth is that I don't hate anyone. I realize that we are ALL sinners (myself included) who can only be saved by the grace of God. Jesus taught that all who reject His free gift of eternal life will be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity (Rev. 20:15). So, please understand that if you reject the biblical teaching of eternal conscious torment for unbelievers, you are calling Jesus a liar.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

You are right in your astute observations.

These street harassers are so subtle at times that they disguise their hatred with artfully presented sanctimonious virtue-signalling hyperbole.

Someone quite wise made the observation that these so-called Christians assume they have eternal life ahead of them.

But the people they harass do not - according to their hell-fire belief; which is false.

So if the people they heckle do not (according to them) have eternal life - why not leave them to enjoy whatever time they have in the here and now instead of condemning them?

What is really going on: the devil is using these puppets to give Christianity a terrible rep. And it's working. We must do what we can to mitigate such a curse.

Yes, I am fully aware. As you stand before them 

they will tell you with a straight face that the devil 

is in possession of your soul. 

That is a very dangerous premise, and a false premise as well. 

To then consider repenting, is laughable at best. 

Not sure about that, but I do know they're promoting ignorance.

• ?

The attempt to warn people of the consequences of their sins stems from Ezekiel 3:18: "When I say to a wicked person, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood." Homosexuality and abortions, according to God's word, are wicked. Those that do such are wicked. There are certainly unloving ways to convey this message. If, however, you are saying that Christians who warn wicked persons regarding their behavior are therefore "hateful", that calls into question what is your own response to Ezekiel 3:18. "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter." (Isaiah 5:20). Be careful with whom you judge.

For the most part the other preachers aren't much better. In fact, the religion is used more as a vehicle for the hatred held by Christians towards all other groups than it is as a guideline for decent behavior towards others as it was intended.

I don't know if that was always the case but it seems to be the current trend.

Such persons have somehow acquired the mistaken belief that their actions are loving.