Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is a bear skull.

• D g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why is this question being asked again yes it's a cat family or weasel like family

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My guess would be a cat of some sort. Look at the teeth. Are all the back teeth blade-like, rather than broad? In other words, built for cutting, rather than grinding? That would be distinctive of the cat family.

If you want a skull identified, it would help to show several views, including top and bottom (without the lower jaw). One of the lower jaw, showing the teeth would help too. That would help us to determine the dental formula, which would limit the possibilities. If you want to work it out yourself, there is a key to mammal skulls by Glass. Your librarian might be able to get a copy for you.

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Assuming that it's sitting on top of a 4x4 for scale, it looks like a raccoon skull to me. A bear skull would be quite large, a raccoon skull would be a little larger than a cat skull. Raccoon skull below...

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's definitely a bear....compare the two photos...

https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_yl...

• Lee
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Black bear.. 90% sure... 

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I dunno.  Wild guess, a bear.  It looks like a bear more than anything else I can think of.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.