Airport baggage?

It states each person has 2 pieces of 23kg, I know that it means 2 pieces of 23kg x2 each but can it also pieces 2 pieces of 23kg as whole for example 2 bags totalling 23kg

I confused that a bit, it says that each person has 2 pieces of 23kg, I know it means 2 x 23kg but can it also mean 2 pieces totalling 23kg

Information about checked baggage and carry-on baggage allowances ... Airport shopping and duty-free purchases; Sport racquet.

It means you can have two checked bags, each of which cannot exceed 23 kg.  Each bag can weigh less than 23 kg but not more. For example, one bag of 10 kg and another bag of 36 kg is not OK.  

The total must not exceed 46kg. AND Not 40kg in one bag and 6kg in the other. Should be evenly split 23kg a piece.

< but can it also mean 2 pieces totalling 23kg >

Of course, the 23 kg is maximum amount, you don't need to pack that much if you don't need it.  Believe me, pulling two suitcases each weighing 23 kg is going to get old really quick.

Yes, it can. The 23 kg is a maximum for each bag, not a mandatory weight.

• P

It's definitely 23kg each which is standard.