Mavis asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 4 months ago

Hi,  so I just learned that I am pregnant and now Im planning to stay at japan until I give birth,  but I havent been there yet, I need help?

I havent been to japan yet,  so I am womdering if you guys know a place where I can rent a cheap yet neat apartment,  and how does it work being pregnant in japan.  Things I need to know before going,  and how much do you think do I need to start living there.  I really need answers and I appreciate every answers.  Thanks in advance


I needed to know how much could it poaibly cost a month to live there. 

7 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    You need a job to live there . That requires at least a BA degree and a job offer before you get there . No degree , no job .

    Chances of being hired while pregnant , zero .

    You need a work visa to stay more than 90 days . The Ministry of Foreign Affairs requires at least a BA degree from an " accredited " college .

    Sorry , not going to happen ...

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Quinn
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

    I think you have confused Japan for the US.

    You do not get to just fly to Japan and rent an apartment without a visa and even then most apartments will NOT lease to a foreigner even with a visa. 

    You cannot get a visa unless you have already met the requirement which in cases such as a work visa, you have to have the job already in hand (as in hired) before you can even apply for a visa.

    You do not have access to their healthcare and I know of no travel insurance that covers pregnancy. 

    And if you think your baby is automatically going to get Japanese citizenship because of being born in Japan, think again.  A child of a non-citizen does not get citizenship in Japan. Either the father or mother must be a Japanese citizen.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

    How exactly do you imagine this is going to work?

    If you re going to Japan, you ll be going as a tourist; short term.

    Most landlord won t rent to you as a tourist.

    How are you planning on accessing healthcare? Travel insurance is unlikely to cover it (pregnancy definitely being a pre-existing condition at this stage)

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

    They will throw you out if you did not apply for citizenship.What makes you think you can just go to another country and stay there and have a baby.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

    Either you're a troll or incredibly ignorant.

    You can't just pick up and move to Japan. You need a job or a student status, something that would allow the authorities to let you into the country.  That also means you have to present evidence that you can support yourself -- a salary, a student fellowship, personal financial resources -- and you'd need to speak Japanese to manage in Japan.  The Japanese are not that welcoming to

    foreign residents, especially those who can't speak Japanese.

    Single mothers are also not that well-treated in Japan.  For any medical procedures, such as childbirth, you'd need to have insurance, but if you're not employed, you won't be on the National Employees Medical Scheme.

    Try trolling more intelligently

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

    Japan is very expensive, just about behind New York. And the apartments are about as small too. so unless you have a big sack of money, it might not be a good idea to move there.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

    Are you that  stupid? You would be heading for a whole lot of trouble.

    • Mavis4 months agoReport


    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.