what is it like to be an engineering student? can someone tell me their lifestyle as an engineering student?

- how hard are the lectures?

- how is the balance of your school work to social to work like?

- out of 10 how challenging is it?

Expect to invest an average of 70 hours per week on your studies. Go to every class. Don't fall behind. What you learned today in Calculus, you might use tomorrow in Physics. You will surely need to understand it for tomorrows Calculus class. Do all of your homework, do all of your labs. Don't fall behind. If you are unwilling or unable to invest the time commitment, the likelihood you will fail engineering is very high. There are 168 hours in a week last time I checked. Plenty of time to be a good student, eat,sleep, shower and party. No time to waste however.

• qrk

Depending on your particular knowledge of the subject and ability to synthesize what you have learned in the lecture and course books, it could be very difficult or moderately easy. For me, the basic electronics classes were a snooze since I already knew the subjects and ended up tutoring those who didn't understand what the teacher was trying to convey. On subjects I knew nothing about, it required lots more work to absorb the information, to the point of spending a disproportionate amount of time. Some courses were just plain fun and though they may have been hard, it was enjoyable.

Some courses were made difficult because the teacher had a horrendous accent. In those cases, the course book is invaluable.

Social life shouldn't be a consideration when you're dealing with engineering. Your first priority is school. What ever time you have left over can be social. You can kill four birds with one stone and be social while consuming sustenance, participating in study groups, and getting some physical activity. This will vary with the person and course load. When you're spending over $20k/year for tuition, school comes first.

On the challenging basis, some courses were a 2, others 10s. All depends.

It doesn't end with school. When you get a job, the real learning starts. If you want to be proficient at your craft, you'll find that you need to learn at home. Expect at least 10 hours per week of home study for the first 5 years to life. This is on top of a 40 to 60 hour work week.