Stock profits?

So I sell my stocks market, I originally bought about 104 dollar, and hold the stock for 2 weeks and went up to 132. today I sell that 1 stock exactly 132, I'm just curious how much profits I would make of that 1 shares

****, I wish a stock would go up that much in 2 weeks! Id be freaking making soooooo much money! 

• zipper

So you suck at math, the profit is $28.00 less any brokerage fees!

132 - about 104 ... before broker fees and income tax (short term rate)

Source(s): lucky guess

$28 minus commissions and taxes.

• Judy

$28 minus whatever commissions you paid when you bought and when you sold.

• Eva

132 - 104 - commissions = profit. If you can't do basic math you shouldn't be investing in stocks.

Its just over your head. You should not be investing such small amounts either.

• DEBS

If you bought at $104 and sold at $132, you would have made $28 on from the sale. You then need to subtract out your costs. It likely cost you $6 per transaction (so 6 when you bought and 6 when you sold). Then you have to pay taxes on the remaining balance.

28 - 12 = $16 less taxes

*Note that your per transaction fee can vary greatly. TD Ameritrade has free trading on certain transactions right now, but there are brokers who charge much much more than $6. Also note that the transaction fee is per transaction; not share. (So it's $6 if you buy 1 share or it's $6 if you buy 100 shares.)

• Erik

28 minus any fee you have to pay for selling it.