Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 4 weeks ago

What about those popups that promise to speed up my computer?

Install all of the speed-up programs you see ASAP. This will make your computer run like the speed of light and put Sonic to shame.

• Lv 7

never forget, if it sounds too good to be true...

if you want to try speeding up your computer, try some of these:

http://darkflux.net/shared/fix.doc

• Edward

They really do speedup my computer. It is super fast. It only takes me 2 seconds this time on startup to blue screen when before it took me 2 minutes. Thanks *insert random program here that "boosts your computer."

• Enigma

Fake. Stay off those web sites that give pop-ups.Better yet, do your own PC cleaning,etc with the free version of Wise Care 365. It will optimize and clean your hard drive and defrag it as well. And use an ad blocker like PrivacyBadger and a pop-up blocker like Popup Blocker (strict) for your browser providing you're using Firefox and Google Chrome. The only one available for the Microsoft Edge browser is Adblock Plus. Don't forget an anti-virus.

They are garbage.

Either you computer is slowed down because you have junk in it, and then you should know why (and I doubt that adding another application would really be able to track down what is slowing you down) or your computer is clean and running as it should and nothing except hardware update could make it faster.

Click them and find out.

• Petter

Sounds like a virus to me...

Oh yes, what about them?