Do you think my vehicle will pass inspection. Feels wobbly a bit when I just start to drive it at low speed, but then seems to dissipate?

It's a used 1990 Jaguar XJ6.

Engine runs fine.

Body is in good shape and great interior, nothin really wrong with that other than needing a new paint job.

New windshield will be put in beforehand.

Also two new lamp lenses of the two that were cracked as well as a new fuel filler door that was missing when I baught it.

The only thing that seems wrong with it is when I drive it it feels as if though the front passanger side tire has a bulge in it, but something machanical. Haven't had the time to check it really. If I drive it at higher speeds it goes away. I only notice it when I first start to drive it after its been sitting. Also has a sqeaking sound.

Best Answer

It needs realignment. Happened to my car. Under low speed, it shakes and wobbles. Once I reach 55 then it goes away.

I don’t think they drive your car during an inspection. It just checks to make sure that it passes EPA standards, the car is in compliance with state regulations.

Wobbly? either steering components, wheel balancing, or suspension is  shot. Being a Jag., have plenty of cash for the repairs you NEED.  In 30 years, something gave.  Check for wheel balance first,(tire store) then wheel alignment at a WA shop.  That SHOULD MAKE IT RIGHT.  It is that or you eventual death when you lose control.

Me, I like my life so only got Living as my only choice.

It's a 1990 so of course it's used. You don't need to tell us it's used, dumbass. I'm sure you're proud of it but you've been going on and on about this sorry heap for more than a month and you're just as clueless as when you started, which tells us it's a waste of time to try and help you. You've had a month to check your wobble problem so don't give us the same b.s. all over again. Sounds more like a TROLL story than a sob story. But I'll tell you this - they don't drive the vehicle being inspected so the wobble won't be why it fails.

• Jay

then fix it