Would it be bad to make my wedding ring a toe ring?

I'm going to get married soon and I have my grandmothers gorgeous wedding ring to use for it, and I really want to use it as a toe ring. It does totally fit and everything, and I live in california so I am and will continue to wear sandals all the time. Wearing closed toed shoes would be about as usual for me as wearing gloves.

I really like toe rings, and I think this one looks really beautiful as one, even more so than as a finger ring, which I don't like the look of at all, but my mother is very against it and says it's disrespectful to my grandmother, but it's not like she's here to be upset about it, and I don't think she'd mind anyway. My boyfriend is totally on board and I'd really love to both have my wedding ring as a toe ring and to have that little novelty of doing something special with it. Would it be bad to turn this wedding ring into a wedding toe ring?Honestly, I just don't like the way wedding rings look as finger rings, and I would be much happier wearing it on my toes, but since this is a really big decision, I thought it'd be worth asking for some advice.

• Linda
    Best Answer

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with using it as a toe ring, if your fiancee is on board with this. It's your ring and your marriage, wear it the way you want. Mom will eventually get used to it.

That’s about as white trash as it gets. Lol

• GB

It is not mandatory to wear a ring on the third finger of your left hand to signify you are married. I think you should let the celebrant know beforehand : not to get permission from them but so they know your ceremony will be different. Is your boyfriend going to wear a toe ring? I suggest that one of the main wedding party bring a small rug for you to kneel on so your dress stays clean.

It depends on how u feel about your ring

I think its a bad idea. You should wear your wedding ring on your left ring finger as traditionally done. How are guys supposed to know you're married? And I've been in California its sunny but cold you can't comfortably wear sandles year round.

that's quite hilarious, disgusting, and disrespectful

Do what you want, it’s nobody else’s business.

thats up to you if you want to do that

• Lita

It's your wedding ring. You have the right to do what you want with it regardless of how strangers online feel about it. Personally, I would not simply because it's a good way to lose the ring. Ask your future spouse how they feel about it.

I don't think you're mature enough to marry if you need the approval of strangers to wear your wedding ring a toe ring.

It's that simple.

I trust you aren't in any profession that requires a license - ?