I quit my part time job and got no response?

For personal reasons I had to resign from my part time job immediately without notice. I sent a resignation letter via email on friday morning (7am) and have yet to get a response (today is sunday). I assume i’m done because I said I was but what do I do since there was no response.

• They have no obligation to respond to you.

I've never received a response after handing in a resignation letter. I've never done that by email or text. They can get lost or accidentally deleted.

You should at least call them, make sure they've received it or give them your resignation letter in person.

Start looking for another job.

• DEBS

You need to make sure you get your final paycheck. State laws dictate how quickly they are required to give it to you. Some are within a couple days.

• Tavy

They are not going to reply on a weekend.

What did you expect? A thank you letter?

They do not owe you a response.

• Judy

Do nothing. You were rude, so they were rude back, or maybe just haven't checked their email.