Is $62,500 a year a decent salary for first job after college?

I am majoring in Accounting and I am a senior now in college and the other day i had an interview and soon afterwards they offered me the position after i graduate. It will be 62,500 a year and I will be working in Audit.

Is it pretty good for first job right out of college?

Adjusted for inflation, it is about what I made out of college, so I would say it is pretty decent.

Although much of what you earn is relative to the cost of living in the city and state you reside in, it seems to be a very good starting salary by any standards. You still need to compare that offer to salaries with other companies for the same work. You can also work with professional search firms, who will assist you in finding the best positions in your field, and who can help negotiate the best rate of pay for the work you're capable of doing. Bon Chance!

OH MY GOD! That's what many students earn after 4-5 years of experience. You definitely are lucky buddy @Arian

It is a good amount, but there can be a few factors which make it misleading. The first is your locality. At that salary, I would imagine your position is in a metropolitan area. The cost of living is generally much higher in such places.

The other factor is how much you will be working. Accounting firms are notorious for burning people out with horrifically long hours. On a per-hour basis, junior accounting professionals are often paid less than non-professional office staff.

Regardless, though, even if conditions are bad be careful to stay for at least 2 years. Accounting is a hard field to break into. Once an accountant has 2 years experience, however, he will find himself much more in demand on the job market.

It is sad that you soon will have a degree in accounting and don't know the answer to that question.

Exceptionally good. Lots of new accounting grads feel lucky if they can find any job in accounting, even with starting salary in the 30s or 40s.

yes. that's an ordinary starting wage for the job. Of course, if the job is in San Francisco, it isn't a living wage. So the local cost of living makes a big difference.

yes................

It's $15,000 more a year than the average income in the US.

I think so, especially if you can foresee steps to further advancement.