Do you know any Otherkin? (People who want to be another creature)?

• Sky

There's a difference between merely wanting to be another creature, and knowing oneself to actually be another creature basically trapped in the body of a human.  Therianthropy (being a therian or otherkin) is not just pretend, make believe, or wannabe, but is very much real for those who experience it.  Anyway, yes, I do know some therians/otherkins.

Actually, I'm pretty sure otherkin are people (because kids are people) who think they actually are another creature in some way.

Some people look down on otherkins because it's childish, but children are kind of expected to engage in childish behaviour. That's probably why it's called childish behaviour, now that I think about it.

If you think playing otherkin is fun, wait until you're older and can play pirates. You get to wear sexy shirts and bandanas, lots of rum is usually involved, look for hidden treasure and terrorize the village... good times.

• Ikeshia7 months agoReport

Sounds fun

I think everyone fantasizes that but there not serious.

I know lots of people (mostly adolescents), who WANT to be another creature, but none of them are and none of them ever will be. You understand that, right Haley?

• Ikeshia7 months agoReport

Some people try their hardest to become like the creature they want to be but of course they wont ever really be a full on wolf.

me. i want to be a Yamaha DX7 fm synthesizer