Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 4 weeks ago

Am I a bad child for wanting to use my $ to go abroad to look at schools for a Ph.D instead of helping struggling parents with bills?

I got a decent lab job that pAys well.  I want to go abroad to look at schools to attend for my future degrees. My parents have a hard time paying the bills. I got my bachelor’s via scholarships, my parents did not pay for my education 

2 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    "bad child"?? Seriously, if you cannot even think of yourself as an adult, you may as well move back home & help the folks from there - no matter what you do, sounds like they have a guilt trip headed your way. SO, you can make your own life, or support theirs.

  • 4 weeks ago

    You should get a PhD, if that is what you want to do. Then when you get a PhD job, you can always help your parents then, and you are more likely to be able to help them more. I think they would be proud of you getting a ph.d.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.