Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Would you believe this line from a guy? ?

Honestly the reason I stopped is cause I have a gf now. I know we said we were gon be friends but I like you and how we gonna be friends if I like you?

He is saying he stopped texting because he likes me.

I know in my heart something is off. 

You guys are making it seem like I don’t wanna move on, I will never ever be with someone who has a girlfriend. I was asking this question because it was all the sudden like he came up with it. It felt like he said it to make me go away rather than straight up saying I don’t want talk to you. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter why he doesn't want to know you. He's entitled to choose his own associates based on his own criteria. You can't force people to like you or want you in their lives.

• Suzy Q

It wouldn't matter if I believe him or not. I would respect his wishes. And he is being crystal clear about those.

He wants to focus on his current relationship, not on you. That's his choice. Whatever his reasons. 

The problem is... far too many people mess with the word 'friend'. A 'friend' and 'someone you are having a sexual relationship with' are two different things. What he's telling you is that he can't just be your 'friend' even though he once thought that might be possible. But because he NOW has a girlfriend - he knows that's it's not possible. And even though that hurts - YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT and MOVE on with your life.

He has someone. Gotta find another friend is all