Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 8 months ago

Weddings receptions. What do you think of the idea that at wedding receptions, that they serve Only ONE glass of liquor per person.?

That is it.. Your thoughts on this?

NO MORE ANSWERS NEEDED AFTER OCTOBER 17, 2019.  THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ALREADY RESPONDED THOUGH.

Favorite Answer

I've been to numerous weddings where no alcohol was served at all. Happy couple can't afford it, reception in a church that doesn't allow it, family member embarrass themselves when the drink. I live in a rural state. If I want to get drunk, it's probably cheaper to buy it and sit home and drink it rather than drive to a wedding and hope I drink more than I paid in fuel.

Bring a flask if you can't go an afternoon without getting drunk.

P. S. sounds like you've got a problem. There's someone else on the forum griping about not having booze at a bridal shower. Maybe your two should meet.

• Trish

Have champagne for the bridal party or none.

dont go to your friends/family weddings to get wasted. the couple may think its unethical or expensive. buy your own liquor

It seems pointless to give guests a minimum of one drink unless it is for a toast, but I don't think weddings should be focused on the drinking aspect. It's a formal event and probably shouldn't have any alcohol really.

i...don't give a damn...

wedding receptions are about the food for me. then I leave.

• Ocimom

So what? This prevents "drunk" people causing problems.

• Lv 7

I suppose it *might.* A couple years ago, a woman said she found out after the wedding her grandmother was in the church bathroom drinking from a flask.

• Kelly

I don't drink so I'd be indifferent on it.

Most weddings I attend are an open bar, some have drink limits, others have a cash bar, etc.. some have no bar.

Alcohol isn't mandatory for a wedding.

It's fine. I don't go to wedding receptions to drink.

Although I'll fully admit my friends and I went to a pub directly after attending a Mormon wedding reception. Talk about dull...

It really depends on many different factors.  There are certainly receptions where the only alcohol is a single glass of champagne for a toast. There are totally dry weddings.  The reason for this shouldn't be due to the couple being cheap, but rather that they don't drink.

The reception is the couples "thank you" gift to the guests of their wedding.  As such, giving guests one drink might call attention to the fact that the couple aren't being generous.  

At that point just don’t serve alcohol.

• Brian

I'd just bring a flask.