Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 4 weeks ago

Is the human jaw powerful enough for a person to bite off a chunk of flesh from another person's face?

Bite off a chunk of flesh from the cheek area.

Best Answer

Human jaws are less powerful than ape jaws, and we not have teeth that can cut meat that dogs and cats have. Dogs and cats have back teeth that are sharp edged. Human back teeth evolved to grind vegetation. Our canines are also shorter and duller than those of apes. It is therefore very difficult for us to bite flesh off of another person.

Do you think if your life depended on biting someones face as your only means of defense that you could bite a chunk out of them? I know I could.

• Micky

Ask Clarice Starling.....:-):-):-)

Source(s): The Silence of the lambs movie
  • NONAME

definitely...i keep having this vision or dream of me biting a bank robbers or killers neck and killing him sitting in his blood while everyone looks on in horror and disgust..also the neck is powerful...you can vulcan neck pinch someone with your chin and they will go down like a rock

For sure. I read years ago some guy high on bath salts bit of someone's whole face.

• abdul

Sure, especially if the teeth are strong and sharp.

Without using science I say yes.

Between the grinding of teeth and the pulling away

Might be more of a "tearing" a chunk of flesh than a clean bite