I'm considering moving to Manhattan NY. Can anyone give me some advice on which area would best suit what I'm looking for?

I hate the suburbs. No matter where I live or which state I visit, I love the city/downtown atmosphere. I don't like to be around judicial courts or anything like that, but I want to be where the action is, were stores, shopping, coffee, bars, restaurants, art, movie theaters, etc are within walking distance. Were I don't need a car. I also like to just take a walk, or sit on a bench and people watch. Also, a city were you can raise a family. Right now I'm considering Soho. Would SoHo be an ideal place for me? I appreciate any advice I can get.

I can afford to live anywhere even in the most luxury places so money isn't any issue.

• MS

Soho is great, and so is the Village.  Both areas are relaxed and laid back (considering their city location), and have lots of great local places and some nice parks.  The Upper West and Upper East sides are very high-end, and more in the middle of the action in NYC - right near Central Park, and still plenty of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops.  All of NYC is easily accessible with public transportation. 

Passes the time.......

Dream on ,Cupcake.

The South Bronx is more affordable.

Lol...just a month ago you were asking about what happens when you don't pay your Xfinity bill......kids lol

Source(s): Your question history...
    • Mamianka

Yup. I am certain that more than a few of us checked his other questions - so naive. . 40 and a success? Hmm . . .

Pretty much all of Manhattan fits your description. It's a small island. Have you looked at it on a map? Have you checked out apartment prices?

• Gjon8 months agoReport

I have. I'm very familiar with what's available. I've done research, but now I'd like to ask real people for their input.

This is your second question today about the same thing. First, you need more $$$$ than God to live in NYC- unless you are willing to settle for less desirable location, unit, amenities, etc. As I had said before, there is a reason that most truly wealthy folks do NOT live in the city - your money goes much further elsewhere. You do not tell us what fabulous job and income you have, to turn your current fantasy into reality. So we can assume you are some swoony kid who watches too much TV. You avoid practical details - all the more you present yourself as a dreamer.

• Mamianka

Thanks Herf. After teaching 8th grade for years - I can SMELL a faker. Alternate facts. Elastic truth.

Go to the Upper West Side - if you can afford to

• Mamianka

Myb previous house mortgage on a gorgeous place upstate, was less than what my friend paid for PARKING in that neighborhood. This kid has no clue.