Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

When is the Democratic nominee for presidential elections 2020 going to be announced and who has the best chance to win?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The nominee isn't "announced' per se, because the selection process isn't conducted in secret. Instead, the Democrats are going to go through a series of primary elections which will determine who becomes the nominee. These race begin in late January 2020 with the Iowa Caucuses, and run into the late spring early summer. The Democrats will hold a nominating convention in late Summer 2020 to formally nominate their candidate (the Republicans will do the same). But the identity of the nominee will be known long before that. The way it works is that each state holds an election to determine how many delegates to the convention each candidate will get. A candidate needs to get a majority of the delegates to win the nomination. We're going to get a good idea of the frontrunner after the first few primaries and a prohibitive favorite is probably going to emerge by mid spring. Sometime in the spring one of the candidates will probably have such a lead that it would be all but impossible for anyone else to win.

• 4 weeks ago

THE DEMOCRATS WILL NOMINATE THEIR CANDIDATE AT THEIR NATIONAL CONVENTION SOMETIME IN LATE SUMMER BUT MOST LIKELY WE KNOW WHO THAT CANDIDATE IS BEFORE THAN

• 4 weeks ago

No Matter who they decide on they will lose against Trump as they are to bust cutting each other and making up fake news stories to try to get votes.. NOT ONE DEMOCRIT has a chance of beating Trump from the ones who are running.. THEY ARE ALL CLOWNS who cannot remember what they were saying even as late as 6 years ago.

• 4 weeks ago

After the primaries when one has won more in the primaries than the others. Warren has the best chance, but she will be under attack by fake Democrats and Clinton type Democrats who will try to say she is a danger for offering such radical ideas as medicare for all.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

weeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll ,-----let's hold our horses there for a moment, pilgrim.

The Primaries start in Feb and will run thru June........ starting with Iowa, then NH, and so on. and by Super Tuesday........most of the pack should be dropping out.......leaving only 2 or 3 frontrunners.......who will no doubt battle it down to the wire........and then the convention in July will make the final selection.......assuming there's any competetion left by then.

I think ANY of them could win against Trump..........but I still believe BIDEN has the best chance .

I see the media seems to be pushing Warren, and downplaying Biden for some reason.-....but we'll see if Warren can go the distance.

Very often early front runners, are often the first to crash and burn.

McCain was in LAST place, and a hair away from dropping out.....when all the "frontrunners" starting blowing their feet off, one by one, and by process of ELIMINATION.....McCain found himself the last man standing.

So ya never know..............right now....it seems to be Biden and Warren........6 months from now.......

it could be Bernie and Buttigieg...............who knows?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, at the Democrat convention . . . it won't be "announced". . . . it will be a televised open vote by state delegates. . . . a lot of back-room deals ahead of time and sometimes it's a foregone conclusion, sometimes repeated ballots when no person has received a majority.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Democratic convention won't take place until next summer, in July. The nomination will become official then.

But we'll know before then who it's going to be, on the basis of primaries and caucuses that will take place earlier.

I believe it's going to be Elizabeth Warren. She has surged ahead of Biden in the polls, and I think she has an excellent chance of knocking off Trump. (Actually, the way things are going for him, a chimpanzee might be able to knock off Trump.) Even Wall Street is starting to believe that she's going to be the nominee and that she can beat Trump. See below:

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No one will win in the Democrap party ever again people are waking up to the lies of the Jews and realize that liberalism is a covert form of communism preparing us for a North Korea like government.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Tell it to a shrink, dear. You need one. Oh, and might I remind you that little Donnie and the North Koreans are supposedly on fabulous terms? He loves those authoritarian leaders. By the way, I doubt you've ever met a Jewish person. You don't know anything about them.

• 1 month ago

That is usually announced at the Democrat's caucuses.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Anyone. New polls say that 55% of Americans say they will not vote for trump.

• hahaha another who watches FAKE POLLS... You sure have no degree in statistics.. You can make a poll say whatever you want it to.

I Just polled and out of my poll of 150 people 100 out of 100 said they will vote for Trump...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.