Why can't I get a girlfriend?

I know this sounds really desperate but I m curious. If there are any girls reading this please answer.

So I m 25, from Australia. I live by myself in a granny flat (detached building in back yard). I m 6 2", Brown hair, Blue eyes and way 130-140kg. I m a gamer but work as a kitchen hand at a Thai restaurant.

So I've been single for like 8-9 years now (my last girlfriend was when I was 17 and we lived together for nearly a year.) I treat girls with respect and take things at whatever pace they want to go. I do not push them into anything they do not want to do.

What am I doing wrong?

(If you want more details I'll post another question)

• Petter
    Favorite Answer

Could be a million reasons, we will never know. But to me, based on this small sample of text, it sounds like you are just rather passively waiting for it to happen. I tried the same for about 15 years with very poor results, but when I started to "get out there" and make things happen, it went surprisingly quick for me to find someone to love.

Very few girls are actively persuing men themselves, imho, unless you are like drop dead gorgeous and under 20 years old. I think you need to make it happen.

It's not about you pushing them into something they don't wanna do. You just need to be pushing them gently in your direction...

• kristy

Aw, that’s terrible. Maybe you need more confidence. That must really be frustrating not getting laid in that long of a time! Better luck to you.

• d j

You're not trying hard enough.

Be friendly with girls. Drop hints that you're single, ready to mingle.

u re underweight with no prospects in life / 25 and no education, neither u re studying anywhere, just sitting and playing computer games, low salary, bottom of society job. get in touch with reality. are u gonna be a kitchen aid /computer game player when u re 40?50? 60? when your granny kicks the bucket u will have to pay taxes on inheritance of her house (if u get that inheritance) and then u will have to pay all the expenses and maintenance on owning a home. how re u gonna do that with your bottom of society salary. shut your computer down, enter some educational establishment, enroll in gym, start living your life as a full member of society, not a bottom dweller. no girl would want u until then. what is in it for them? sit and watch how u play computer in your granny room?

Nothing you describe sounds off putting. It *could* be you need to improve your looks - clothes, hair, grooming. It *could* be your personality. It *could* be your standards of who’s girlfriend material is too high. Maybe try to get involved in more social or sports activities that would allow you to just meet more women - just expand your chances of meeting someone.