Can I become a social type worker without a degree UK? ?

I only recieved minimal GCSEs such as English and sociology, no maths. I understand that I would need 5 a-c to go to uni. However could I get a job as a social worker assitance or another position in that secror where I can help people? What is the process as I am willing to take a course but do I need to go to uni? Thanks 

Social work requires a degree, typically master's. Some places a bachelor's degree may suffice for entry-level or assistant positions. You don't even have A-levels? As someone without any education or vocational/occupational training, you have few options, strictly jobs for uneducated, unskilled. Maybe retail store clerk? Restaurant server? You either accept the fact that you have limited options for work (much of which is being eliminated by computerization, robotics, etc.), or you start looking for some sort of vocational training program which requires minimal GCSEs.

You cannot become a social worker without an approved qualification – a BA degree or postgraduate masters in social work. However, you may be able to find a job as a social work assistant without a degree.Social worker positions typically require at least a bachelor's degree, if not a master's. However, if you do not have a college degree—but have at least a high-school diploma or GED—you can still work in the field of social work, although you will likely have a job title of “case aide” or “social services assistant.”

• Tavy

This is the UK we don't have GED here.