Can a NYC expert give me some advice? I'm considering moving to SoHo.?

I love the city life. I like to be able to go outside, walk a few steps and be surrounded by coffee, restaurants, markets, art and shopping(clothes, tech, etc). Would SoHo be an ideal place for me? What about Broome street?

Thanks

Update:

Not to mention I love to just sit outside, being around all the action, listen to music and people watch.

Update 2:

Money isn't an issue. I can afford luxury living. I just want to know if SoHo matches what I'm looking for.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Money isn't an issue at all. I just want to know if the neighborhood matches what I'm looking for.

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

SoHo somewhat matches your ideal, but so do a few other communities which might be less expensive, including Brooklyn Heights and Morningside Heights

• Gjon4 weeks agoReport

Can you elaborate on "somewhat"? I've been to NY many times, but never explored Manhattan. At this time I'm just doing research, but thought it would be best to ask people who actually live there or know more about it.

• MS
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Soho is one of my favorite neighborhoods in NYC. If I were going to move to Manhattan, that's probably where I'd move. However, keep in mind that even tiny apartments are very expensive in Manhattan. But if you can afford to live there, then you'd probably enjoy living in that area of the city. You may find more reasonable, yet comparable, neighborhoods outside of Manhattan.

• Mamianka
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

All true. But this person getting info from a gaggle of pseudonymed strangers is dicey.

• 4 weeks ago

Can you afford the rent in that area ? If not, your desire to live there is guaranteed to be unrequited.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jay
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

yes, they definitely can. find one and ask them.

• Jay
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

You asked a question that starts with "can". Logically, the only possible answers to any question starting with "can" is "yes", or "no". So you did not ask. How dare you lie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.