Rizu asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

Does a baby and mother have to be there for a dad to do a DNA test?

My son is 1 yr and a half.

• B

dna from the kid is needed, and dna from the dad is needed, yes.

• Zirp

What kind of test?

For a paternity-test, a mouthswab of the child and one of the suspected father are required.

I'm not sure what you mean by "being there"

added. I still don´t understand. Are you the mother? Are you the legal father? In what jurisdiction?

Where I live, the husband of the mother is the legal father, and the err... spermdonor has no rights whatsoever to the child. My personal opinion is that the child has a right to know who his biological father is, and if I were the suspected father I would take the test just for that reason.

It probably takes a court-order if he doesn't want to take the test and you want to force him.

As far as I know, the result of the test will NOT change his rights to the child (but IANAL )

• Rizu1 month agoReport

Like if he wants to do it just to do it. Do I absolutely have to go and do it for my son? It's not court ordered or anything and he has no rights to the baby.

Based on your other comment - If the test has been requested by the court, you need to take the child to be tested. Otherwise, you're in violation of a court order and will have to deal with the repercussions of that.

You do not need to be there at the same time as the other individual being tested but you need to take the child to be tested. However, both parties need to be tested to determine paternity.

• Rizu1 month agoReport

He does not have any rights to him. That's why I'm asking this question.

go on jerry springing show bro. or a montell william. or a moory prohvish

I'm not sure what you're asking.  An adult may have their own DNA tested without anyone else being there or giving permission.  Of course, if the purpose of the test is to verify paternity, then there needs to be DNA taken from the child.  That does not have to be done at the same time or place, slough a specialist will have to read both DNA samples to determine any familial connection.

• Rizu1 month agoReport

Okay, so Ted wants a DNA test for Justin to see if it's his son. Do me and Justin have to be there for the DNA test to happen? Like do we HAVE to go even if we don't want to?