How do you overcome getting a bad professor?

Hi everyone so next semester I am suppose to take a physics 115 course at my college. I enrolled in the class and I looked at my new professor on ratemyprofessor.com and she has a lot of bad reviews saying how the class was too easy and how nobody learned anything. I haven’t met her in person yet but I am concerned the reviews are true.

Best Answer

You may consider doing any or all of the following:

1. Check to see if there are any other professors for this particular course and see if you are able to transfer to one of those sections.

2.  Knowing that the course may not be rigorous, be proactive and take responsibility for your own education: 

a.  Read the text book, ask questions in class, do all the homework.

b.  Set up a study group with other students

c.  Find lectures and student materials from similar courses online and review those along with your course materials. 

• di

"bad reviews" of a professor are basically meaningless. Who wrote the reviews? The failing student or the A+ student? The involved student or the student who can barely make it class? It takes a long time to become a professor - and colleges do not hold on to people who cannot or will not teach.

Set up a study group with other students to overcome a bad professor.

Haha you don't. Just try your best to stay under the radar and score as high as you can on exams and quizzes. Don't go in with the expectationt that the professor will teach yourself anything. Rely on yourself and yourself for a rough semester. 

Source(s): I've had a couple of bad professors. My school requires a C or above to go to the next level. I had a year where I was bed-ridden sick and was struggling a lot. I told the prof. he smiled to my face and said he'd help me out. I did my best, he gave me a C-. Twice. Now I'm not sick anymore and I'm taking the class for a third time with another prof and it's going much better. That's an extreme case though. Good luck

Take physics at a community college during the summer and transfer the credit there

UMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Read your textbook and any other materials required by the class. Ask questions as needed. Ace the tests.

Well take another class with different professor....

• cosmo

Whether or not a student learns something is primarily the responsibility of the student, not the professor. The professor is just there to help.

private tuition