What should I do about this?

I’m a bartender and the past week I’ve made less than $50. My sales were very low and what I mostly did for the week was take to go orders. My GM notified me yesterday that pay roll has reported me to the IRS. I claimed what I made those days and people do not tip on to go orders here so I made such a small amount of money. What should I do? They are watching over everything and there’s no telling if this week is going to be just as bad...

If you are paid the tipped employee rate, your employer has to make up the difference between what you got in tips so that you are paid at least regular minimum wage.

• DIEGO.

this is a good question!

There is nothing for them to report to the IRS, it's a bluff.

you need to get naked

The IRS isn't concerned with you...they are very concerned with whether your employer is making up your minimum wage though...

• NA

Keep accurate records.

Or ask your employer to sign up for a tip plan with the IRS--this reduces audit risk.

Your GM is BSing you 😉😉

Don't worry about it. But put down what you make in tips and keep a daily record of it at home.

Chances of the IRS bothering you are very, very low.

be a prostitute

• Lujk

bring a big duffle bag with a gun inside and if they do you wrong, say "ive had enough" and start reaching in the bag. i think you know what to do