What should I do about this?

I’m a bartender and the past week I’ve made less than $50. My sales were very low and what I mostly did for the week was take to go orders. My GM notified me yesterday that pay roll has reported me to the IRS. I claimed what I made those days and people do not tip on to go orders here so I made such a small amount of money. What should I do? They are watching over everything and there’s no telling if this week is going to be just as bad...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you are paid the tipped employee rate, your employer has to make up the difference between what you got in tips so that you are paid at least regular minimum wage.

• DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

this is a good question!

• 2 months ago

There is nothing for them to report to the IRS, it's a bluff.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you need to get naked

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The IRS isn't concerned with you...they are very concerned with whether your employer is making up your minimum wage though...

• NA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Keep accurate records.

Or ask your employer to sign up for a tip plan with the IRS--this reduces audit risk.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your GM is BSing you 😉😉

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't worry about it. But put down what you make in tips and keep a daily record of it at home.

Chances of the IRS bothering you are very, very low.

• 2 months ago

be a prostitute

• Lujk
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

bring a big duffle bag with a gun inside and if they do you wrong, say "ive had enough" and start reaching in the bag. i think you know what to do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.