Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it fair I got grounded for a month ?

My dad was driving me to school. I didn t want to go to school since everyone hates me including my teachers. I told my dad to take me home he refused after i  kept yelling at him to take me home. He told me to shut my mouth. I told him I was gonna pull the reverse switch in the car he responded by tell me I better not or I ll get spanked. I pulled it and it crashed into another car. The people's car who we crashed into we're very angry with my dad. The police were called and the car had to be towed. Luckily our car was still able to drive despite it being damaged. 

After it was all over my dad then tells me" were going home now your not going to school today". I was glad to hear that him say that. He didn't feel like taking me to school immediately after the incident was over. After we got home he scolded and told me to get upstairs to my room for my punishment. 30 mintues later he came to my with a belt and gave me multiple licks on my backside. I'm grounded until late November and I can't leave the house except for school. Is this punishment fair?

I'm sneaking to the computer since my parents are asleep. Its currently nighttime in my area. I forgot to add that my mad scolded me saying it will take him ages to pay off the damages. All my games and phone has been taken away

I don't approve of beating children but if you were mine you'd be off to the most punitive boarding school I could find. So from my perspective you got off easy.

Typical spoiled kid who whines and cries and claims every one hates them when the truth i they are spoiled rotten and want to do what ever they want, when they want and throw a fit when not allows

Its beyond fair and should be more strict. I would have locked out of the computer completely, taken all your electronics and sold them, cleaned out your room and left only the bed and clothing I decide you can keep and what you need for school and taken the door away

And he needs to smack you more often since you need it

Yes, it was more than fair that you suffer the consequences of your irresponsible, defiant behavior. You could have killed someone.  You are a troubled teen who needs to be in therapy. But not just you: you are the symptom of a family in dysfunction and all of you should participate.  If you want things to improve, please tell your parents what I said. Good luck,

i think its fair cause you wrecked his car, if people at school were bothering you you shouldve told the principal about it

He should not have hit you, but should send you to therapy where you can problem solve your problems at school (rather than live in fear that everyone hates you) and he should help you deal with the school, by offering to meet with the principal. You should at the very least see a guidance counselor. As far as being grounded for month, yeah, that's fair. Not only did you cause a car accident, cause your dad's car insurance to go up, you could have seriously injured someone. You probably broke the law by doing what you did (putting the car into reverse).

Yeah it's fair, could have been ALOT worse and just because you are a wussy about going to school.

If this is actually true, then, yes it is more than fair. You got off very easy. I hope they catch you on the computer and give you even more time being grounded. They eventually will. Your parents are not stupid.

You sound like a spoiled little brat, throwing a hissy fit, because you can't have your own way. What you did when you were in the car, was a really stupid move and you are lucky no one was injured or killed when the car crashed.

You need to grow up, go to school, stop acting like a little brat and listen to your parents. You live in their house (not yours) and you have to follow their rules. Crashing the car was not your dad's fault and would have never happened, if you had not done what you did. It was your fault and you caused the accident.

Lol.Your dad deserves a medal.

He was far to lenient. I would have sold you to Chinese or Eastern European traffickers.