Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How to get out of Russellville, AR?

It's nearly impossible to find decent work here or in neighboring towns. Almost everything here is low-wage and there are very few employers to choose from. Every employer I've had has treated me like dirt and I've literally had to quit jobs because I was being worked to death for almost nothing. The people here also have backwards ways of thinking and try to enforce their beliefs on everyone else, even if you make it clear that you are not a Christian or a conservative. And ever since Hastings closed, there's basically nothing to do past seven in the afternoon or on the weekends because almost everything is closed. I'm literally finding myself hanging out in stores like Ross and TJ Maxx just to get out of the house, and its driving me crazy. I don't have many good friends and even my own family hates me. All I want to do is get out of this town and move somewhere better. I feel like I'm trapped.

Get an education so you have desirable job skills and can find work somewhere else. The only way out of this is going to be to make yourself better than all these losers you currently live around.

I've literally had to quit jobs because I was being worked to death for almost nothing.

How old are you? If you're over 18 and a hs grad, of course you can get out. It's a free country. The question is whether you're doing the right things to make this happen.

On the above, if you said this for sympathy, I doubt you'll get much. There are people all over this country working their butts off for low pay because it's helping them achieve a goal. How many jobs have you quit? Not only does this make you sound lazy, it probably is making it much harder for you to find something. Nobody wants to hire and train people who will just quit on them.

Instead of hanging around Ross, you should be earning money and researching nearby cities for jobs and rooms. I doubt you can afford a major metro area yet, but certainly you could look into Little Rock or another city close by.

If your parents never taught you anything I mentioned, a lot of this isn't your fault. But it's on you to fix it. This reads like you aren't willing to put in the time and effort to change your life, and that part is on you.

you could try applying to work in resort jobs, i did that for yrs, you wont have to pay rent or buy food and they pay you, all you gotta do is get there if they hire you

u should enroll in gym, hanging out in stores is a waste of time.

Go on Monster.com or buy a Wall Street Journal and begin your job search. As you receive invitations to interview, begin selling yourself as a competent, worth while employee. Good luck.

by tying  a noose and then using it