Am I Wrong for Asking my Mom to Kneel and Model for My Drawing?

I’m making a drawing for art class and I’m drawing a girl on her knees petting a cat. I asked my mom to do the same so I could get the anatomy correct but instead she got offended and wouldn’t do it. Am I in the wrong? 

Why didn't you just take a picture of her in that pose and base that picture for what your art would be? It would've been a much better decision.

• bork2 weeks agoReport

Yes that’s what I was going to do

Yes you are wrong

No! Most if not all artists ask people to pose for them

• John P

Neither of you is "wrong". It is just that she did not fancy posing on her knees for a long time.

Learn this - much of life is not concerned with "right" and "wrong". It is simply that different people react differently.

She's free to say no. Get a friend to do it.

Not wrong just juvenile.

• ?

Its not really about right or wrong. If someone finds something offense, you cant decide that they're not allowed to be offended because they're not technicially correct. If your mother found something wrong with you asking her to model for you, that's how she feels about it, and logic doesnt play a part in her feelings. You just have to bear in mind moving forward that that's the way she feels about things

• Mark

Hmm, no, but I have the feeling this is a troll "question", given you account creation date (today) and the rather obvious implication that you think she gives your father blow jobs on her knees.

I don't see anything wrong with it, you'll just have to ask someone else.

You were not wrong to ask.

She was not wrong to refuse.