how do i write if something happens to me i give full custody rights to... how would u word it?

Im typing out a letter and getting it notarized from a lawyer so I need exmple of good way i should word it out

You can get a blank form to grant another person "Power of Attorney" (POA) to make decisions for you in case you are incapacitated and unable to make reasonably sound decisions for yourself. You might need something separate for medical POA. You can probably get the forms on line (do a little on line research). If it is necessary to have the form notarized take the filled out form (except for your signature) to your bank and someone there can usually notarize your signature for you (probably for a small fee).

• 1 year ago

The ONLY legal document granting custody of your minor children upon your death is your will. The court can still deny custody if the person is determined unfit. They won't even READ any other document.

• Eva
    1 year ago

Just do a will and name someone as the guardian. The letter is fine, but it won't be enough to settle things if you die.,

• 1 year ago

This is something that should be included in your will, which should be drafted by your lawyer. They can guide you on the best way to state your intentions for your children and allow you to be very specific.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

The Lawyer will do it.

• Robert
    1 year ago

If I wanted to to be an actually enforceable statement I would word it exactly how the layer I hired would tell me to word it.

• 1 year ago

When you say custody, you mean for a child?

The first thing you'd need to be aware of is that you might not get a choivce where custoidy goes if something were to happen and you were to die. If someone else has any claim to custody (another parent for example) they could make a claim and achieve custody quite easily.

If it is just you, all you need to do is say, in any way to the lawyer, "should I die, I would like [this person] to become my child's legal guardian."

Simply saying so to a lawyer does not make it law though, and does not make it certain to happen. You would need to put it in a legal WILL, and have that guardian agree and sign to say they agree.

1 year ago

You have your lawyer word it.

This is not something you want to screw up.

1 year ago

I'll try and I was driving all day in USA then respect