Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 month ago

What is the difrence beetween new yorker and american?

Hi. My name is levi and i caime from missori. My mom is from alabama. We wente to new york recentely. They sayid they are american and some others sayd they are new yorker. Why is it diferent? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

New Yorker is someone from New York specifically.

In Canada, American technically means someone from anywhere in the western hemisphere. In the U.S.,, it means a U.S. Citizen.

Because of this difference in meaning, U.S. ambassadors to Canada, Mexico, South America and Central America are officially called "Ambassador of the United States", but U.S. ambassadors to Europe, Asia, Africa, etc., are called "American Ambassador".

• 1 month ago

Levi, you are a Missourian and an American.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trump's a New Yorker, Bernie's an American.

• Flower
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Bernie is a New Yorker who lives in Vermont. From Brooklyn actually. Mr Trump has a manner and style that many people dont like and he pushes back against criticism. Bernie isnt criticized much. The media is liberal so Democrats are not against him. Mr. Trump is criticized because he is #1.

• white has always been considered the default for american

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Flower
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should learn to spell Missouri. Some people think they are New Yorkers first, and Americans second. Doesnt mean they are not patriotic, just their life experience makes them that way.

• 1 month agoReport

This guy is making fun of you. He misspelled it on purpose.

• It’s not different. Different states parts of the country have different slang/culture. For example, New Yorkers are fast paced lifestyle while Californians are more laid back. Both states are within America, which means there american. They could call you southern but your not just southern you’re an

American.

In Ireland for example the north and south have different twangs to there accents but at the end of the day there still Irish.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

New Yorkers aren't Americans because Jews are only loyal to Israel.

• Flower
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Only orthodox Jews support Zionism. Liberal Jews dont like Israel's policies against others.

• 1 month ago

Americans don't want the destruction of the United States the way Fox News conservatives do.

• Flower
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It looks to me like the Democrats are being very slick, using the media to back them on their efforts to overthrow this government and president like a 3rd world country.

• Daddio
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is different because we say so, Troll

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.