Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 1 month ago

What food could I serve from my coffee van?

Hi! 

I’ve just bought and restored an old caravan into a coffee van. I’ve been operating from the van just serving coffee, smoothies and vegan treats. For a while I was offering sushi, but the outlay is far too much in comparison to how much I make from it. It also only lasts for the one day, and then I need fresh the next day. What are some simple food ideas that would last more than one day and aren’t too expensive to make and sell? Keep in mind the theme of vegan, healthy living. And also keep in mind the labour required, it is generally just me or one other person in the van at a time so it has to be quick and convenient, maybe even pre made. 

What do you think about nourish or poke bowls? Paninis? 

Any help would be really appreciated!! :)

• denise

How about making [at home] some muesli / oaty bars, they go with coffee or smoothies and are good for eating on the move.

Many ingredients could be used ;- Sunflower/ vegan spread, oats , sesame seeds, agave syrup, peanut / almond butter, dates, ready to eat apricots, craisins, any dried fruits.

These keep for 2 - 4 days [if they last that long!] in a lidded container.

Some nuts and seeds can be added , if liked.

Go to the Fiverr site and get a business plan for a food truck that includes MENU ITEMS. Maybe someone will have just the menu. Either way it will cost you less than $20...maybe less than $10.

How about Chaffles???? YouTube it...its a thing. They are a craze for those folks doing Keto and the Carnivore diet. However for your Vegan friends it would be difficult to serve due to the fact that it requires the use of eggs. But, for the Vegan/Vegetarian crowd....how about power bars, muffins, cookies or brownies all made with natural ingredients. Just a thought.

Donuts, coffee cake, other such sweets.

Fresh fruit (apples, pears, etc.)

I know lots of people love to have something sweet with their coffee to balance out the bitter! I would recommend doing something simple, but sweet, like muffins or coffee cake. Just a suggestion:))

• Nathan7541 month agoReport

yum Coffee cake, I love your thinking! Thanks for that Samantha, i’m Sure my customers will love that :)