Art asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 month ago

Italian sausage preference ; mild, spicy, sweet?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

I like them all but especially the spicy.

• Sammy
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Hot !

Source(s): In pasta sauce.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I prefer mild or maybe 'slightly spicy?

• GFH
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Mild sausage for me

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Spicy all the way.

• 1 month ago

Depends on what I’m cooking with it, but I typically am using the hot italian sausage.

My favorite things to do with it area a stuffing recipe a friend got from a 90 year old woman, cook the sausage, remove from the pan, fry slices of stale sourdough (I use whole wheat sourdough) in some of the fat from the sausage, cook down some mushrooms in the fat from the sausage, wilt some spinach in the fat from the sausage, cube up the bread, toss it all together with salt and pepper, spread in a thin layer on a baking tray and put in oven until it’s crispy/chewy. Best stuffing I ever had.

The other is my lasagne, cook the whole grain lasagne noodles as directed on package, cook the sausage completely and drain of excess fat. Layer marinara sauce, noodles, sausage, chopped cooked spinach, ricotta, mozzerela and parmesean then bake til the whole thing is heated through, the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling with sauce.

I typically end with the top layer being mozerella topped with parmesean and then using a pastry bag and tip to create a design on the top with some of the ricotta for a beautiful presentation.

• 1 month ago

Spicy but sweet is also good

• 1 month ago

I like mine spicy.

• 1 month ago

I like the mild or the sweet, I can't handle the spicy anymore.

• 1 month ago

Hot, please.  Thanks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.