Anonymous

What to do when you are asked to provide a picture of family, friends, pets at work but you don't have any?

Update:

Let me elaborate I don't have any of those to take a picture of, to provide a picture at work.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • CAB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Give them something unexpected and offer no explanation.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Photoshop. I suggest just providing some sort of photo you are comfortable with and then consider carefully if you want to work at a place where this sort of inappropriate demand is tolerated.

• heart o' gold
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Or even better, photoshop a pic of you with Miley Cyrus and offer no explanation.

• 1 month ago

Tell them it's personal and they have no business having pictures of your family. OR clip one out of a magazine and give it to them.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Say that you don't care to participate in providing pics. If someone pushes the issue, which is unlikely,

say you live alone, no further comment needed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's inappropriate of your employer to ask for that. I'd raise an eyebrow, lean forward and ask exactly why they need photos of your family. Whatever the response, politely refuse without offering an explanation. It sounds like some kind of goody-two-shoes HR junior employee trying to initiate some sort of kumbaya event. Stand your ground. Your family is none of their business. Best of luck.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just tell them sorry you have none to bring to work.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just say that you do not have any

• nanu
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

take some...............................

• 1 month ago

You should kick up a fuss on grounds of it being an intrusion of privacy and none of your employer's business what your friends and family are like. You don't have any, so it's not a problem for you personally, but many tax paying Americans have friends and family it is best to not tell the boss about like people who are obviously meth addicts, pole dancing hoes and other people employers should not have to be informed about.

If pressed them supply them with a photograph of a generic American family available from Shutterstock or elsewhere.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

I would take a photo of my family and or pets then.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.