Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Why is Obama so humble and dignified compared to foul-mouthed Trump?

I didn't vote for Obama, nor did I agree with most of the things he did, but never in my 60 years of living have I ever seen a POTUS conduct himself in the way Trump has. Trump is rude, attacks anyone who disagrees with him and anyone who is different than him, spends more time on Twitter than trying to devise any piece of legislation, and promotes tribalism/political polarization, by name-calling Democrats. In the age of Trump, it is "us vs. them" and "Democrats vs. Republicans". Politics now feels like one big sporting event. We are more divided than ever before because of Trump. I fear for my grandchildren's future. And, before you all accuse me of being a Democrat, I'm not. I'm an Indendent. (I voted for Reagan twice, Dukakis, Clinton twice, Bush Jr. twice, Obama once, Romney, and 3rd party in 2016). 

Sorry. I meant to say I didn't vote for Obama for his 2nd term.

There is no one perfect. No, not one.

Maybe because Obama was better.

One cares. one does not.

He's not as opinionated

That's awesome good man

My thoughts & voting patterns are similar to yours. Just look at the responses your post got.."Logic & portion have fallen sloppy dead" Many of both sides are brain-washed & can't think or reason for themselves.. Anger & blame for those other guys is rampant, when we should be looking at ourselves. Modern education rarely teaches kids how to think for themselves, some learn anyway..I hope they are the ones that take-over ASAP. Oh & to answer your question: Obama, Bush (both of 'em) & Carter were/are good guys of upstanding character despite their errors in judgement...Trump & Clinton are not good guys (although Clinton has a very good, good guy act). Except for his personal life, Clinton made good decisions..If Trump could just get his ego & his tweets out of the way & listen to the smart guys that he hired (& now fired) he might make good decisions too.

Trump is mentally unstable, corrupt, dumb, amoral, unethical, possibly treasonous, misogynous, vindictive, lazy, dishonest, and incompetent.

On the other side, Trump's wife is better looking (but not as intelligent as) Obama's.

• Ramiro

Humble? He deported thousands of his own people back to Africa during the refugee crisis. That does not sound like a humble man to me

Obama is corrupt.

OBAMA IS A PROFESSIONAL POLITICIAN TRUMP IS NOT