I booked my first cruise and I am confused! Please Help!?

I recently booked a cruise for December 2020 with my boyfriend. It will be on the Carnival Breeze. I signed up for the EasyPay with carnival so the actual cruise fair will be paid each month but I was wondering when would be a good time to pay the drink package off and the excursions off? Like how many months in advance? Also, is the drink package worth it? I paid for the pre-paid gratuities but do I still need to go all out on tipping or can I just do some here and there if the service is good? I'm really nervous because this is my first cruise that I will be taking without my parents. I turn 21 in July. Also any other advice for young first time cruisers would be helpful since we have no idea what we are doing and just want to make sure we are prepared for it when the time comes. Thanks!

It is a 6 Day cruise so how much cash should we also bring? Thanks again!

see the movie titanic

After seeing the cost of drinks you might want to take it real easy on the ship and do your drinking in port.

You can only use cash in the casino, although I generally give a $20 to our cabin steward.  Pay close attention to drink prices, and low ut for deals. The drink of the day" is often cheaper. Buying a bucket of bees may be cheaper than going one at a time.  I generally raise with Celebrity and get a booze package as a perk. 

I've not been on Carnival in years, but if they are like the other lines, you can check your account on the TV.  Do it daily to ensure you don't have any erroneous charges. IT's also a handy way to find your cabin mate if you lose them as you can tell what bar they are drinking at. 

• AJ

Just remember, any drinks already come with an 18% gratutity .

I would go to CruiseCritic.com and check out their boards.  Tons of information, especially for first time cruisers about cruising in general and about Carnival, The Breeze and your ports of call.

Drink package depends on how much you plan on drinking as to whether it is worth it or not.  Prepaid gratuity means you are set with the minimum Hotel Service Charge - anything extra (if someone goes above and beyond) is at your discretion

You don't use cash for anything on the ship. You pay with your Sign and Sail card. You might want some cash in the ports, if you are going to eat or drink there. The excursions, although booked through the ship, are run by local tour operators, and it's nice to have some cash to tip them at the end. US dollars will do for that. On the ship, the tips your room steward and wait staff get are minimal- we usually give them some cash at the end $30-50 will do. Now the drink package is only worth if you're REALLY going to drink A LOT. Some people do- they drink all day. If you're going to do that, get the drink package. You can pay for it any time, including when you get on the ship- the price doesn't change. The same thing is true for the excursions. You can book them when you get on the ship. Here's something that a lot of people don't know- you'll download an app for Carnival that will give you access to a list of the activities on the ship each day, etc. You can also book your excursions using the app, rather than standing in line at the excursion counter on the ship.