I need some advice on changing careers?

I am male 45 years old with an associates in Liberal arts. I currently work for a union grocery store. My job does not require any special skills and I am not sure if my job will still be around in the future. I am looking to make a career change but don't know where to begin. any advice ? Is it too late for some one my age to change careers? Thanks

• Kyle
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

consider looking in inside sales, appointment setter, business development rep, maybe logistics, customer service, administrative support. those jobs require little education and companies will train you if you have the right work ethic. companies then may have benefits such as tuition reimbursement or scholarship awards to help earn higher education and career growth.

i've used sites like indeed, glassdoor, even linkedin to apply to jobs.

• Pam
    1 year ago

It is absolutely NOT too late for you! But let's be clear, working in a grocery store is NOT a career, it's a job. Decide what it is that you WANT to do and then find a position in that area. You didn't mention what you aspire to do so I have no idea. But with little experience and an associate's degree, you will probably get an entry level position somewhere. The competition out here is fierce so you will need to bring your A game and interview your little heart out. If you manage to get an interview, let them know that your resume may not be as strong as others, however, you have a passion for ______ industry, you're a reliable employee and offer XYZ to the position. Good luck.

• 1 year ago

Never too late...

• These are other jobs you can take a look at below. If you want a change then start applying to other jobs.

Editor.

Journalist.

Publicist.

Entry-level Management Personnel.

Social Services Human Relations Officer.

Librarian.

Policy Analyst.

Minister.