Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

Is it normal to be hurt for longer than the relationship lasted?

I dated a guy for only 6 months. That was almost 6 months ago and somehow he still pops into my head every day and I think how he is happy with his new girlfriend. I'm still sad. What makes it worse is I WANT to stop thinking about him.

Is it normal to still be hurting this long?

If you really think about it it's probably not him per se but the bruised ego he left you with that's the problem. Guy/girls come and go throughout our lives and we're supposed to learn something from each of them. So intend of focusing on this guy as a person try to think about the red flags you missed and how to never end up in the situation again.

Yes, entirely normal. They say (whoever 'they' is), that it typically takes 2x - 3x the length of the relationship to get over it. I think that's a huge exaggeration, but it shows you that yes it typically takes awhile.

• You desperste to find a new