Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

My parents constantly ask for money.?

I moved out because I was never going to be able to save for anything because all they did was drain my money. It also continues even when i don't live with them. They spent over 60,000 dollars I gave them all in 3 months. What do you think they are doing with the money??? How do I go about this? It is becoming extremely annoying!!!!

THEN STOP GIVING THEM MONEY, IDIOT!!!!!

I know they're your parents but you are NOT their ATM.

I went through the same thing with my mother. One day, I flat out refused to give her any more.

Change your phone number if you don't have much of a backbone to stick up for yourself.

$60,000?? And it REALLY took you this long to notice they never pay you back?

GROW A PAIR!

• Dodger8 months agoReport

I love humans and their doubts. It just feels so good that someone would perceive you as a liar and know absolutely nothing about you. It's like everyone has a hard time believing anything but yet they believe in a God. Go figure.

If you're noticing all of this, why in the world are you still giving them Money? The money is yours, so be wise and smart with it.

i highly doubt u gave ur parents 60.000.00 in the past 3 months* LOL* good one tho*¬....and IF they are always asking for money from you...n u have NO IDEA what they've done with the 60 grand u've already given them..maybe it's time to say ur not their bank machine*

Tell Mom and Dad you're going to sit down with them and help them work out a monthly budget. Do a spreadsheet for them that outlines what they pay for their basics and explain to them that anything extra is on them to fund. Unless they have no income at all you've done your diligence with them and can go live independently without their constant demands for money (because once their basic living expenses are met you just say NO).

Tell them that you are no longer going to support them (Christmas & birthday presents excepted, perhaps) because you need to (save for a house, buy a new car, have a partner - or plan to.....). And do it. Unless you stand firm they will sponge off you for the rest of their lives. Maybe get insured in case they need to go into a home, for example. Good Luck!

They're on drugs. Probably heroin. They need the money to pay their dealers. If you stop, they will resort to robberies & burglaries, so at least you are preventing that from happening. Somebody could get hurt or killed. You don't want that on your conscious do you?

i would stop giving them money, you never know what theyre using it for

I have a friend who used to have the same problem. I'm not sure if he is still dealing with this, but I told him that he should just stop. They're your parents and it's hard to say no to the people who raised you. However, your parents should want to see you succeed, not take that which makes it possible. They may try to make you feel guilty, but you shouldn't. They should. You owe them nothing from your childhood, it was their decision to have a child and spend money raising you. I think it's good to help those who have been there for you, but when someone is draining you, that's not helping anyone. Keep it up and I promise they will drag you down with them.

How about you get a new phone and don't tell them the number? They are parasites.

Wow, you have quite a fortune.

I would tell them to resort to welfare.