Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

Nervous about moving out?

I have never lived away from home before and I m really scared that something bad will happen as I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks . I have lived with my parents my whole life and it’s going to feel so strange . As I’m so used to seeing them every day and I won’t be able to I will only see them every few weeks or months etc . They live 10 miles away by car to from my friend lives . It’s not for good it’s just Temporary until I m ready to move into a place of my own with another friend . How am I going to cope I get panicky a lot about situations plus my friend will be Mostly working all day . So I will on my one til he comes home . Anyone got any good advice .

I got a song - it's written by a person who had very bad anxiety attacks for a long time - Ledger - Not Dead Yet

• Maria9 months agoReport

No need to be offended or overreact - I didn't do it with any bad intentions. It was my way of trying to help. Cause music helps me. If you don't like it, just ignore it. But don't be rude.

Take it easy. Mind over matter, control yourself, think of good things. Think to change your feelings.

Trust me on this, you'll be better off and much happier on your own. You can always go back to visit, but it will be better on your own.

• 9 months agoReport

I’m not going to live on my own just yet I’m going to live with a friend for a while until I’m ready .

There are things in life that are very stupid to worry about, death and moving out of home are two of the big ones. It doesn't matter what else happens, these two things will. You can move out now or you can move out when mommy and daddy die, that's the only choice you have. You can't be afraid of something that is inevitable.

• 9 months agoReport

I don’t call them mommy or daddy and never have . Also they are elderly and I am afraid as I have never lived with someone else also it’s not stupid at all a lot of people are scared to move out . I have a learning difficulty’s also my mother and father will sell the house before they pass away.