My sister and her hubby are planning on sailing their yacht round the globe on their retirement. Is that something you'd ever consider?

Best Answer

Sounds marvellous to me.I would love to join them.

No - not only the worry of the weather but pirates are a very real thing!

No. I love to travel but I wouldn't want to spend all my time on the water. I can't swim.

There are people who thrive on living in a tiny boat/tent/RV/van and living off of canned food cooked on a camp stove and then there are people who do not. And then there's the days/hours of sailing/driving between destinations.

Well it depends if your sister and husband want me there.

No....I am afraid of what's underneath the water.There are also too many accidents at sea and people go missing.

• james

Many years ago yes. But not serious. I have & do sail the islands in the S. Pacific. But I know the big lonely out there would be to much for me. Wish them luck.

It is a common dream of many people who really like sailing. If they decide to actually do it then help them with the research and preparations as such a trip is not a trivial endeavor.

• Sèonaid

Two of their friends did it, taking about eight years.

• Kenny

I don't even know your sister and hubby .

• Kenny

Isn't this an invitation to join them ?